This website is owned and operated by Teach You Limited (otherwise referred to as ”we”, “our” or ”us”), a company limited by shares that is registered in England and Wales with the company number 08484031 and the registered office address of Digital Media Centre, County Way, Barnsley, South Yorkshire, S70 2JW.
Please read these terms carefully before using our website. Using this website indicates that you accept these terms regardless of whether or not you choose to register with us. If you do not accept these terms, do not use our website.
Purchase of Services
Any purchase of services you make via our website will be governed by our Terms and Conditions of Sale.
We reserve the right to remove access to this website in respect of anyone who does not comply with the terms set out herein.
Unless stated otherwise, the intellectual property rights and copyrights for all material displayed on our website (and contained in the online courses and materials accessed via our website) are owned by us. You may download and print extracts from our website (or from the online courses accessed through our website) for your own personal, non-commercial purposes. You should not use any extracts from our website for any other purposes. Any rights not expressly granted in these terms and conditions are reserved.
No part of our website may be reproduced or stored in any other website or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without our prior written permission. Any rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved.
With the exception of the online courses and associated material (which is dealt with in our Terms and Conditions of Sale), the material on our website is provided on an “as is” basis, without any conditions, warranties or other terms of any kind. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we provide you with this website on the basis that we exclude all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms (including, without limitation, the conditions implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and the use of reasonable care and skill) which but for these terms and conditions might have an effect with respects to our website.
Third Party Websites
Links to third party websites on our website are provided solely for your convenience. If you use these links, you leave our website. We have not reviewed all of these third party websites and do not control and are not responsible for these websites or their content or availability. We therefore do not endorse or make any representations about them, or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to by our website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
We always try to ensure that our website is always available for you. In the event that our website is unavailable at any time and for any period (for whatever reason) we shall not be liable.
Visitor Material and Conduct
You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from our website any material that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, or similar. You must have obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals before submitting any information. We reserve the right to remove any material from its website that it considers inappropriate or unsuitable.
We shall fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting inappropriate material.
To participate in online courses via our website you will need to register with us. Each registration is for a single user only. We do not permit you to share your user name and password with any other person nor with multiple users on a network. Responsibility for the security of any passwords issued rests with you.
Save to the extent permitted by law, we (and any of our group companies and the officers, directors, employees, shareholders, sub-contractors or agents of any of them) exclude all liability and responsibility (including without limitation in respect of negligence) from any amount or kind of loss or damage arising out of or in connection with your use of this website.
We do not exclude or attempt to limit in any way our liability:
- for personal injury or death resulting from our negligence;
- for any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude or to attempt to exclude our liability; or
- for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
Subject to the exclusions/limitations set out above, we shall not be liable to you for any
indirect or consequential loss or damage of any nature whatsoever arising and whether caused in tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise (even if foreseeable), any loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profit of contracts, loss of anticipated savings, wasted third party costs, and/or loss of data, management or office time.
We have the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time. You will be subject to the terms and conditions in force at the time that you access our website.
If any provision within these terms and conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable (in whole or in part) the validity of the other provisions of these terms and conditions and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected.
These terms and conditions (including in relation to any non-contractual obligations) shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Terms and Conditions of Sale
This is a contract with Teach You Limited, whose registered office is at Digital Media Centre, County Way, Barnsley, South Yorkshire, S702JW, henceforth referred to as “Teach You”. Please carefully read the following terms before accessing this site or using/ purchasing a course. By accessing the site (which includes, visiting, registering, purchasing or accessing a course) you accept and agree to all of the covenants and conditions imposed in this agreement. If you do not agree to these terms, you may not access the site. This Agreement applies to all visitors, users, and others who access the Service (“You”, “Users” or “Learners”).
By using this service, you agree that you have read, understand and agree to these terms. You also agree to review this agreement periodically to be aware of modifications to the agreement, which modifications Teach You may make at any time. Your continued use of this site will be deemed your conclusive acceptance of any modified agreement.
- Teach You reserve the right to change the content used at any time.
- Learners who fail to complete the e-learning course will not be eligible for a refund.
- All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
- If you do not agree with these Terms and Conditions you must cease the course immediately and notify Teach You of your intent not to continue
- Teach You quotes prices and issues invoices in UK pounds (GBP) only. You must pay in the currency shown on the invoice.
- Users must pay in full or provide a purchase order before the start of any training event or shipment of any product or course materials.
- With purchase orders Teach You will raise an invoice for the course fees and any certification / exam fees before the start of the training (by arrangement, please contact us directly to arrange). In the case of PO’s the client must pay any invoice within 30 days of the date on the invoice.
- Online payment is the preferred method of payment. Recognised credit cards are Visa/Mastercard/Maestro, Teach You are registered merchants with Sage Pay. Sage Payments is a service provided by Sage Payments (UK) Ltd. You can find out more about Sage Payments (including regulatory information relating to Sage Payments (UK) Ltd) on the Sage Payments pages on their website here.Sage Payments (UK) Ltd is a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 08586408. Sage Payments (UK) Ltd is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011 (Register Reference: 900180) for the issuing of electronic money.
- Course fees include the licensing of training materials to a limited period of time to and appropriately qualified course content. Each license is valid to one person only and cannot be exchanged or shared.
- Teach You reserve the right to review the pricing and take appropriate action when changes to course or exam specification occur beyond our control.
- All discounts, whether advertised or stated in correspondence, are mutually exclusive i.e. only one discount can be applied to any one booking.
- Late payment may incur penalty charges including removal of any discounts.
- Teach You reserves the right to charge interest on late payments of invoices at a rate of 8% above the Bank of England’s base rate.
- All cancellations must be received in writing. You may cancel any order for Services (or part thereof) and receive a refund in respect of such at any time before such Services (or part thereof) are accessed. You will not be able to cancel an order for any part of the Services once they have been accessed. If you do not access the Services during the twelve (12) months following the date on which they were ordered, we reserve the right to cancel the order and withdraw your access to such Services. You will not receive a refund if the order is cancelled as described in this paragraph.
- The Services will be deemed to have been “accessed” when the relevant online course is commenced or any associated materials are loaded or viewed by someone utilising your account.
- If a learner cannot access the course online via www.teachyoultd.com because they fail to meet the required system requirements given on the website, then Teach You will not take responsibility or give a refund to the purchaser.
- The start date of all registrations and access is deemed to be the date that the learner first has access to the self-study materials. Teach You will make one attempt to warn the student when this access/ membership period has ended. After this attempt Teach You can no longer guarantee access to the course or that certification will be possible.
- The training material is property of and the copywrite of Teach You.
- This training material has been prepared, maintained, updated and distributed by Teach You
- The use of the training material on our courses is restricted to the Registered User who has been supplied with the log in details by a Training Services Provider as part of an authorised course, or the Registered User who has paid for the course independently on line.
- The Registered User shall not copy, share, modify, transmit, distribute, or in any way, exploit the copyrighted materials provided by Teach You other than for their own individual learning. Use for any other purpose is expressly prohibited by law and any violators will be prosecuted.
- The Registered User shall not permit anyone else to copy, use, modify, transmit, distribute, or in any way, exploit the copyrighted materials.
- The materials made available by Teach You are provided “as-is” without warranties of any kind, either expressed, or implied, including, but not limited to, all implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title or non-infringement.
- Teach You does not warrant that the materials will be error free including technical inaccuracies, nor free of viruses, or other harmful matter. The entire cost of any necessary service, repair, or correction, is the Registered User’s responsibility.
- Teach You may make improvements, or changes, to this material at any time without prior notification.
- All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
- If you do not agree with these Terms and Conditions you must cease to use the e-learning immediately.
Access to the courses
- To participate in online courses via our website you will need to register with us. Each registration is for a single user only. We do not permit you to share your user name and password with any other person nor with multiple users on a network. Responsibility for the security of any passwords issued rests with you.
- Teach You strives to provide the course content to its learners on a continuous basis. To that end, Teach You will take all commercially reasonable efforts to provide uninterrupted Access of the courses to its learners. However, from time to time, learners may be unable to Access the courses due to conditions beyond Teach You’s control. Such conditions include, but are not limited to: force majeure, acts of God, power outages, and the acts of computer hackers and others acting outside the law. Also, from time to time, Access may be unavailable due to software issues, server downtime, increased Internet traffic or downtime, programming errors, regular maintenance of the system, and other related reasons. In response to any unavailability of the courses to its learners, Teach You will take all commercially reasonable steps to ensure Access is restored within a reasonable period of time. The term “commercially reasonable,” as used in these Terms, shall mean reasonable efforts taken in good faith without an unduly or burdensome use or expenditure of time, resources, personnel or money.
- Teach You endeavours to provide the highest quality content to its learners. To that end, Teach You reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change, modify, or discontinue any aspect or feature of this Site in whole or in part, including, without limitation, the content, availability, Access and/or the Terms of this Site. Such changes, modifications, additions or deletions will be effective immediately upon notice thereof, which notice may be made by posting such changes on this Site.
- Users are solely responsible for ensuring that they have sufficient and compatible hardware, software, telecommunications equipment and Internet service necessary for use of the Site.
- You may never use another User’s account without permission. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account, and you must keep your account password secure. We encourage you to use “strong” passwords (passwords that use a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols) with your account. You must notify Teach You immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account. Teach You will not be liable for any losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account.
- Teach You may provide certain Users with administrative privileges in order to monitor or provide certain aspects of the Service (“Trusted Users”). These privileges may include, without limitation, the ability to remove User Content provided by other Users or monitor other Users’ use of the Service. For the avoidance of doubt, Teach You Trusted Users include, but are not limited to, “Admins” (aka Administrators), “Tutors” or “Assessors” You acknowledge that Teach You may revoke your status as a Trusted User at any time for any reason or no reason, and may require you to enter into further agreements with Teach You depending on your role.
- You understand that “Teach You Confidential Information” means information and physical material not generally known or available outside Teach You and information and physical material entrusted to Teach You in confidence by third parties. Teach You Confidential Information includes, without limitation: technical data, analytic data, User Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, any personal information relating to Users, software codes and designs, algorithms, non-public business information, and any other non-public information to which you gain access while serving as a Trusted User.
- The Service allows Users to post content such as profile information, instructional and informational materials, photographs, images, comments, questions, and other content or information (any such materials a User submits, posts, displays, or otherwise makes available on the Service “User Content”). We claim no ownership rights over User Content created by you. The User Content you create remains yours; however, by sharing User Content through the Service, you agree to allow others to view, edit, and/or share your User Content in accordance with this Agreement. Teach You has the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to remove any User Content that is shared via the Service.
- You agree not to post User Content that: (i) may create a risk of harm, loss, physical or mental injury, emotional distress, death, disability, disfigurement, or physical or mental illness to you, to any other person, or to any animal; (ii) may create a risk of any other loss or damage to any person or property; (iii) seeks to harm or exploit children by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable details or otherwise; (iv) may constitute or contribute to a crime or tort; (v) contains any information or content that we deem to be unlawful, harmful, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, defamatory, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, harassing, humiliating to other people (publicly or otherwise), libelous, threatening, profane, obscene, or otherwise objectionable; (vi) contains any information or content that is illegal (including, without limitation, the disclosure of insider information under securities law or of another party’s trade secrets); (vii) contains any information or content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships; or (viii) contains any information or content that you know is not correct and current. You agree that any User Content that you post does not and will not violate third-party rights of any kind, including without limitation any Intellectual Property Rights (as defined below) or rights of privacy. Teach You reserves the right, but is not obligated, to reject and/or remove any User Content that Teach You believes, in its sole discretion, violates these provisions or is otherwise inappropriate for the Service.
Third Party Content; Hyperlinks
- Teach You makes no warranty, either expressed or implied, of the accuracy, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of the information provided by third parties. This includes, but is not limited to, any information found on a link located on this site that allows users to access information found on another site. Additionally, Teach You does not warrant the existence or functionality of any website which can be accessed through a link located on this site.
Copyrights, Trademarks and Other Proprietary Rights.
- Teach You limited or its third party content providers shall retain all worldwide rights in the intellectual property in and on the Site, including, but not limited to, trademarks, service marks, trade dress, inventions, ideas, trade secrets, the source code, the HTML code, the “look and feel” of the Site, its colour combinations, layout, and all other graphical elements, and the copyrights in and to its original content. You should assume that everything you read or see on the Site is copyrighted, trademarked, or otherwise protected and owned or licensed by Teach You.
- Except as expressly stated on the Site or in these Terms, nothing that You read or see on the Site or in the courses may be copied, reproduced, modified, distributed, transmitted, republished, displayed or performed for commercial use without the prior written consent of Teach You limited, except as provided in these Terms. Nothing in these Terms grants you an express or implied license to use any of Teach You’s intellectual property.
- You may choose to or we may invite you to submit comments or ideas about the Service, including without limitation about how to improve the Service or our products (“Ideas”). By submitting any Idea, you agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction and will not place Teach You under any fiduciary or other obligation, and that we are free to use the Idea without any additional compensation to you, and/or to disclose the Idea on a non-confidential basis or otherwise to anyone. You further acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, Teach You does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Teach You, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
- Users access this site at his/her/its own risk. The site is provided on an “as is, as available” basis without warranty of any kind, expressed, implied or statutory, and any and all warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement of third parties’ rights are specifically disclaimed. Teach You does not warrant any particular result from use of the software or site. Teach You does not warrant that the information on the site is accurate, complete or complies with any particular law or regulation, or that the operation of and your access to the site will be uninterrupted, error-free, virus-free or completely secure.
- Under no circumstances and under no legal theory (tort, contract or otherwise) shall Teach You or any of its affiliates, agents, employees, shareholders, directors, officers, third party content providers, successors or assigns be liable to you or any other person or entity for any indirect, special, incidental, punitive or consequential damages of any character, including without limitation, damages for loss of goodwill, work stoppage, computer failure or malfunction, loss of data, loss of productivity or contract, or any and all other commercial damages or losses.
- Your use of this site is at your sole risk and any content that you download is downloaded at your own discretion and risk, and you are solely responsible for any damage to your computer system in excess of the amount Teach You received from learners for a course, and for any loss of data that results from the downloading of any such content, including any damages resulting from computer viruses.
- In no event will Teach You be liable for any damages in excess of the amount Teach You received from the learner for access to a course, even if Teach You have been informed of the possibility of such damages, or for any claim by any other party.
- In no event will warranties provided by law, if any, apply unless they are required to apply by statute notwithstanding their exclusion by contract.
- This disclaimer is applicable to any damage or injury resulting from the negligence or an omission of Teach You, computer virus or other similar item, telecommunications errors, or unauthorized access to or use of user information through theft or any other means. Teach You is not liable for criminal, tortious, or negligent actions or omissions of third parties that affect this site.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and we strictly adhere to the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
How we collect and use the information we receive from you
When you place an order and create an account with us on our website, we will ask you to provide certain personal information about you consisting of:
- your name; and
- your email address.
Please note that we require this information to be able to process and fulfil your order.
If you purchase services, our third party payment provider may require additional personal information in order to process such payment (e.g. your home address). Please note that this information is not collected or stored by us. The relevant third party payment provider should set out the terms on which they are collecting such data at the time you make the payment.
Your personal information will then be used by us (including our: employees; agents; subcontractors; members of our group; resellers; and awarding or accrediting organisations) to provide you with the services you ordered and from time to time to communicate with you on any matter relating to the provision of the services.
Please note that we and our resellers and relevant awarding or accrediting organisations may also use the information you provide to us for the following purposes:
- to monitor website usage and provide statistics to third parties for the purposes of improving and developing our website and the services we provide via our website. Please note that any such statistics and/or information provided to third parties will be made on a confidential basis and will not include information that can be used to identify any individual;
- to support, improve and develop our business in general;
- to contact you for your views on our website, our services and our business in general; and/or
If you would prefer not to receive any of the above-mentioned information (or if you only want to receive certain information) from us please let us know by either sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling us on 01226 720700.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
[We will not share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your prior consent, unless required to do so by law.]
How safe is your information?
Protecting your security and privacy is extremely important to us and we make every effort to secure your information and maintain your confidentiality in accordance with the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998. Our website is protected by various levels of security technology, which are designed to protect your information from any unauthorised or unlawful access, processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
Please note that we may need to disclose your personal information where we:
- are under a legal duty to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions; or
- need to disclose it to protect our rights, property or safety of our customers or others, including the exchange of information with other companies, organisations and/or governmental bodies for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
How you can register
You are able to browse our website without registering with us. Please note however that you will not be able to order or access any of the online learning courses and materials unless you register with us.
Registration must be completed as part of placing your first order with us. We will only ask for your debit/credit card details when you place an order for services via our website.
For the purposes of registration, we will ask you to enter your name, address and other personal details. The registration process will take a few minutes and it will create a personal account for you. As indicated above, all information or account details that you provide to us will be securely protected.
Once you have registered, each time you visit our website, you will need to input your email address and chosen password to identify yourself to us. Once you have identified yourself, you will be able to access your user and account details.
- Remember settings, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them on each new page
- Remember information you’ve given so you don’t need to keep entering it
- Measuring how you use the website so we can make sure it meets your needs
Please note that if you set your computer to not accept cookies, there may be certain features/areas on our website that you may not be able to use. It may be necessary to have cookies enabled in order to purchase or access online courses and materials.
Our website currently uses the following cookies:
|_ga||Cookie for Google Universal Analytics, used to determine unique visitors to the site. Expires after 2 years.|
|_gat||Cookie for Google Universal Analytics, used to throttle request rate. Expires after 10 minutes.|
If any of the information you provide to us changes, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can make the necessary changes to the information we hold for you on our database so that your records are accurate and up to date.
If you wish to makes changes to, or see the information we hold on you, please let us know by emailing us on email@example.com or calling us on 01226 720700.
Please note that we are entitled to charge an administration fee of £10.00 to meet the cost of providing you with the information we hold on you. We will respond to your request within 40 days of the date we received your request.